Healthy Toddler Smoothies
帮助您的小孩和年长孩子多吃水果和蔬菜的最佳方法之一就是将它们包装成冰沙。通过以一个主思慕雪配方开始并根据您的孩子喜欢（以及任何食物过敏问题），您可以增加他们实际饮酒的可能性 - 这显然是关键！
These recipes are flexible and versatile.
To be completely honest, my oldest has never been a fan of smoothies. Because of that, I tried very hard to get my second and third kids to like them right from the start. I make them smoothies a few times a week so they are familiar and I’m happy to report that she’s a total fan.
One of my best tips for helping kids like smoothies is toavoid packing them too full of extras。因为如果你在蔬菜上落后，就像chia seeds, a kid smoothie can taste like sludge really fast. But thankfully, you can still make a healthy smoothie that’s packed with nutrition if you know how to balance the ingredients.
I have 10 recipes here that are all variations on one method. You have a choice between fruits and veggies so you can customize it for your child.
Generally you’ll need:
小费：I like to do half frozen fruit and half fresh fruit to avoid having a smoothie that’s a nice and easy thickness for toddlers to drink.
Here’s a look at the process involved in making smoothies for kids. Scroll down to the bottom of the post for all of the recipes.
- Choose your milk. (We prefer nondairy milks since they seem to have a slightly better consistency and less of a tendency to separate after blending.)
- Choose a ripe banana plus an extra fruit.
- Choose a veggie.
- Blend the smoothie really well to ensure that it has a very creamy texture.
- Serve it in areusable pouch， 一个小的开杯或者在一个啜饮的杯子里，取决于你的孩子最喜欢的东西。
If your toddler hasfood allergies, it’s easy to adjust a smoothie for them. If they are allergic to bananas, use 2 tablespoons avocado instead or try a teaspoon or two of nut butter. Use whichever type of milk you prefer—almond, flax, coconut, rice, dairy, or even kefir.
Kid-Friendly Constipation Smoothie
If your toddler has frequent便秘or a sudden bout, a smoothie with hidden veggies can help. Consider addingchia seedsor大麻种子, and a small spoonful of coconut oil, flaxseed oil, or avocado. You can also use full-fat coconut milk as the base.
健康的脂肪可以外套消化道,麦ing it easier for food waste to pass through. And, since the foods in toddler smoothies are already blended, it’s much less work for their digestive systems!
Use those in between times to get in a little extra nutrition and calories (though remember that we can’t impact how hungry our kids feel).
小费：Find more foods to help幼儿在这里获得体重。
Frequently Asked Questions
After a baby is eating solid foods, they can start smoothies almost right away. Avoid using sweetened milks and opt for a plain unsweetened nondairy milk instead. And serve on a spoon, in a very small开杯or in areusable pouch。(You just don’t want to substitute it for breastmilk or formula.)
If you have a kid who won’t eat many vegetables, veggie smoothies can be a great option since the veggies are served in a slightly sweet drink that tastes like a milkshake. Resist the urge to add more of any vegetable than my recipe below because that may impact the flavor or texture. And be sure to blend them very, very well.
冷冻香蕉and mango make smoothies very smooth and creamy. Then you can add in almost any other fruit to make a delicious flavor combination
You can add大麻种子,chia seeds, yogurt, avocado, fish oil, and/or nut or seed butters in small amounts to smoothies.
(I don’t add things like bee pollen or collagen or protein powder because while I know that some swear by these types of smoothie boosts, I find them to be expensive and not very accessible for most people. If you like them or want to try them, by all means, go for it!)
- If you can冻结蔬菜ahead of time, the finished product will taste much less “green” but will have the same nutrition. Just make sure the greens are dry, then put them into a zip top freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Blend really (really!) well to get a very smooth consistency, adding a little more milk (or even water) as needed to thin.
- You can get a less thick texture in toddler smoothies, which some kids prefer by using fresh fruit rather than frozen—and this is also a good option for winter days when a frozen drink is less than ideal.
- Try using half milk and half yogurt for a creamier texture some toddlers may prefer.
- Serve toddler smoothies in areusable pouch(我们喜欢鳞片装备！）或用稻草的杯子。
- You can also offer small tastes with a spoon if you have a child who isn’t yet a fan. Consider even a small sampling a success!
- Sprinkle on some granola or a favorite cereal and serve as a smoothie bowl for a fun variation.
- And if nothing else works, freeze them intopopsicles!
- 1small banana, fresh or frozen
- 1/2杯fresh or frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, mango, apple, or kiwi)
- 1/2杯veggies (kale, spinach, raw fresh or frozen chopped cauliflower, raw fresh or frozen sliced zucchini, raw fresh or frozen sliced summer squash, roasted sweet potato, roasted butternut squash, steamed diced beets)
- Optional add ins (pick 1-2): 1 teaspoon大麻种子,chia seeds, or ground flaxseed 1 tablespoon nut butter 2 tablespoons avocado 1-2 teaspoonscocoa powder1-2 teaspoons honey ormaple syrup1 tablespoonrolled oats
- Serve immediately.
- Blueberry Cocoa: Milk, banana, blueberries, spinach, cocoa powder
- Strawberry Banana: Milk, banana, strawberries, raw cauliflower, hemp seeds
- Honey Peach: Milk, banana, peaches, raw summer squash, flaxseed
- Cocoa Banana: Milk, banana (1 whole), spinach, cocoa powder, nut butter
- 扑鼻的桃子:酸乳酒(而不是牛奶),banana, peach, honey, raw cauliflower
If you can冻结蔬菜ahead of time, the finished product will taste much less “green” but will have the same nutrition. Just make sure the greens are dry, then put them into a zip top freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can use raw cauliflower, zucchini, beets, and summer squash. (Or you can freeze those raw veggies and add them frozen.)
Blend really (really!) well to get a very smooth consistency, adding a little more milk (or even water) as needed to thin.
Keywords:smoothies for kids, kids smoothies, toddler smoothies